Up to $5,000 Bonus**Sign on Bonuses are pro-rated based hours per week. First 1/2 is paid upon successful completion of 90 day review/introductory period completion and second half is paid after 6 months from hire date, pending introductory period has been completed. This policy effects applicants who have applied any day after 8/18/2020.
Under the direction of the IPC Program Team Lead and the Manager of Integrated Services, the Integrated Primary Care (IPC) Clinician is responsible for providing professional therapeutic mental health services and consultation to primary care health providers in conjunction with the associated hospital and/or primary care site.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:*
· Demonstrates commitment to the mission of the agency with a strong understanding and respect for the goals of agency activities.
· Assists primary care health providers in recognizing and treating behavioral health disorders and psychosocial problems.
· Provides direct patient (and family) contacts that include brief, solution-focused treatments; remains available for informal “consults” and educational experiences.
· Works with the primary care team to treat and manage patients with emotional and/or health problems effectively and efficiently; this could include dual interviews with the primary care team.
· Assists in the detection of at-risk patients and the development of plans to prevent further psychological or physical deterioration. This will most likely occur in case reviews and/or rounds.
· Participates in the use of the metrics approved and provided by the primary care practice.
· Assists in developing chronic illness programming such as group visits curriculum.
· Provides support, resources and education to patients, families and primary care practice staff about care, prevention and treatment-enhancement techniques such as stress management and other self-management techniques.
· Works with primary care providers to refer cases to tertiary care specialists, as appropriate.
·Completes documentation expectations focusing on clear and prompt communication with the primary care provider, as well as adherence to regulations that apply to the practice.
· Provides brief, solution-oriented treatment according to a plan of care developed from assessment and diagnostic evaluation.
· Evaluates and assesses the holistic needs of the individual consumer.
· Develops a written plan of care in conjunction with the consumer, the consumer's family where appropriate, and primary care staff in accordance with regulations and site polices. Adheres to all regulatory requirements.
· Assures that the confidentiality and the rights of consumers and significant others are protected as delineated in applicable standards, policies, and procedures, and supports the consumer's right to make decisions related to his/her plan of care.
· Utilizes the consumer's electronic health record (EHR) to ensure that documentation is complete, accurate, timely and meets regulatory and agency standards.
· Follows policies and procedures with regard to the EHR to ensure that the services provided are consistent with best practice, assessment and treatment goals.
· Assures that consumers understand their rights regarding informed consent, risks and benefits.
· Provides treatments that are both clinically sound and cost effective.
· Carries out therapeutic treatments and procedures according to established care plans, site policies and procedures, professional standards, and within the scope of practice of the employee's professional license.
· Assesses changes in the condition of the consumer and modifies the plan of care as appropriate.
· Refers consumers to other professionals or services as appropriate to ensure optimal service.
· Participates in consumer case conferences.
· Discontinues services appropriately, referring for additional follow-up services from the health care community, when warranted.
· Arranges for consumer hospitalization, as necessary.
· Interacts with other programs/services for referrals, as necessary.
·Maintains and utilizes knowledge of community resources.
· Provides public education and professional consultation services, when appropriate.
· May provide court testimony, as necessary.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing, establishes positive public relations and interacts effectively with a diverse array of professionals and consumers.
· Maintains appropriate boundaries and displays respect and courtesy to all internal and external customers.
· Demonstrates patience, caring, compassion, and sensitivity toward consumers.
· Completes and submits required documentation in a timely manner and according to policies and procedures.
· Participates in training to maintain or enhance job skills.
· Ensures that confidentiality is maintained at all times in accordance with federal, state, and agency standards.
· Adheres to the agency's and assigned location's Risk and Safety Management Programs.
· Adheres to the agency's Organizational Standards for Performance (see attached).
· Functions in a cost-effective manner with regard to the utilization of time, supplies and other agency resources.
· Attends meetings and supervisions as required and necessary for the position.
· Promotes and fosters effective relations, both inside and outside of the agency.
· May use personal vehicle for agency-related business as required.
· May perform other related duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
LCPC or LCSW licensure is required; clinicians that are dually licensed as a CADC or LADC are preferred.
Must possess a valid State of Maine driver's license
Experience working with and knowledge of addiction and substance abuse preferred
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.Tri-County Mental Health Services is Proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.